It really isn't hard to understand.
CACTO is proud to be the first Carbon Negative fashion brand in the Americas. Meaning that our business operation results in CO2 being captured from the environment. We are removing CO2 from the environment with every item we produce and sell. Major.
Through a partnership with Swiss nonprofit organization On A Mission, we have measured and offset 150% of the company’s total CO2 emissions through sustainable reforestation worldwide. To make sure the measurement and offsetting process remains accurate, it will take place every six months for the next 10 years.
You can never offset too much CO2.
We have additional partnerships in place to ensure the continuous removal of CO2 from the environment throughout our operation.
We have partnered with EcoCart to offset every single mile of shipping we do. Their algorithm calculates the emissions of manufacturing and shipping each unique order by looking at things like shipping distance, package weight, and product type. All contributions fund certified offset projects worldwide.
We’ve partnered with Tree-Nation to support their program with the fight against Climate Change and Deforestation. We'll plant a tree for every person that signs up to our newsletter. Sequestering CO2 has never been easier- and it's free for you.
Why Madagascar? (Shout-out to our Malagasy community on social media)
- It’s a nation with over 200,000 species of plants and animals that don’t exist anywhere else on the planet. That is 75% of species found in the country
- More than 90% of Madagascar’s original forests have been destroyed
- Entire mangrove estuaries are gone, leaving the bare earth to wash away into the sea.
- Mangroves improve the quality of the water, providing a natural habitat for fish and other sea creatures, without which corals would not survive.
- Forests of Mangroves are one of the world's principal stores of "blue carbon", a term given to carbon accumulated in coastal or marine ecosystems; and impressively, they can store up to four times as much carbon as land based forests.
We encourage you to support this wonderful project.